Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Is It Naptime Yet?

Another Tuesday at camp has come and gone. Hikes were taken, banana slugs were kissed, and apples were eaten by the bushel. Meanwhile, back in the teachers' cabin...

Zzzzzzzz....

Yes, a much-needed nap was being taken...not planned, but taken nonetheless. Normally, while the kids are out on their first big hike of the week, I stay in my cabin and get some grading done. Well, this year, as the tech coordinator, I don't have any grading to do. So I brought my best friend, Kindle, with me this year. I was so excited to have some time to read! I think I may have read three or four pages before...

Zzzzzzzz....

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

As for what the kids were doing, I'm sure they'll have plenty of stories to share about their hikes - both during the day and at night. Each day here at Camp Caritas has a theme. Tuesday's theme was connections. Kids are challenged to look for connections amongst themselves and between life at camp and life back at home. For example, those who did the challenge course yesterday made connections about working well as a team, no matter what that "team" might be.

And then, of course, there was gaga ball. After a long day of hiking through the forest, nothing says relaxation quite like slinging mud at each other. There are other electives - archery, arts and crafts, and, new this year, improv - but most everyone wants to get into that gaga ball pit. While I was standing at the pit taking pictures, one of the other teachers cried out, "Ack! I got a drop of mud on me!!"

Really?! That kid who just walked by had mud in his TEETH! There's some perspective for ya.

And now that you have that picture in your mind, let's talk about the food. Yesterday we had pancakes, sausage, and hash browns for breakfast. Yum! Last night was pasta night which included the most delicious bread sticks! I was surprised I didn't hear about more tummy aches last night based on the rate of consumption of bread sticks.

Maybe it was just me.

Today we'll be getting back on buses to drive out to Bodega Head and spend the morning in the beach environment. And it looks like the weather is going to hold up for us. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment