Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Little Quiet Time

Behind the Main Lodge
One of the benefits of being an early riser is the quiet time in the morning before the chaos of the day begins. At the moment I'm sitting in the entry to the teacher's cabin so as to not wake either of my roommates for the week. It won't be long now before the camp begins to wake, so this will be a fairly quick post.

We arrived here yesterday safe and sound (well, relatively speaking. My sanity will remain in question throughout the week.) The drive up was non-eventful as far as weather and traffic were concerned. But we arrived to find the camp rather soaked, as you can see from the first picture I took of the grounds while the kids were getting to know everyone. For the most part, rain was pretty much a non-issue yesterday. We had some rain showers during the afternoon, but they never lasted more than a few minutes at a time.

A Moment of Sunshine

That would change, of course. Luckily the heavens waited to open up until after our campfire last night and after the kids had already gotten to their cabins and were getting ready for their first night's sleep here at camp. My goodness did it pour! I walked around the grounds to check in with a few of the cabins and by the time I returned to Day House (the teachers' cabin), I was drenched! All part of the experience. :)

Today, while the kids are off on their first big hike of the week, I will have plenty of time to go over my notes from the bus ride and fill you in on that part of the adventure. But we are here, we are safe, we have had lots and lots of fun and laughter, and we are oh so happy for our San Francisco Giants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment